Sunday, August 5, 2007

A single Step...


Posted by Picasa
So here we are… at the beginning of the greatest journey of our lives. We have been married four weeks, I have just finished working at St. Joseph’s Medical Center (after over 6 years)… and next week we head to Camp Needlepoint (my camp from childhood for kids with diabetes). Corey will be a counselor first week, and I am staying both weeks (as part of the medical staff). We are headed to Europe for our Honeymoon two days after camp is complete. After Rome and Berlin we will be home for a few days to catch a wedding… and then off to traveling nursing. We still do not know our exact destination, only that we are going! (God is in charge of the details… he is so much better at it then me anyways.) I know some think we are crazy, but sometimes the best way to learn to trust God, is to let go completely (and Lord knows I need to practice with this letting go and complete trust thing!) As I am trying desperately to get the house in order before departure, I am also dealing with the challenge of how to stay connected to those who are staying behind. To the many friends, co-workers and family members who have pleaded with me to keep in touch… to let them know how it is going (and of course to send pictures!)… here is my attempt. I do not know how well it will go, but that it will go. If you are looking for thoughts from my better half on this blog site, chances are it won’t happen. But if you are looking for updates and photos, I will keep you informed! I hope you enjoy, and until next time… take care. God Bless, Laura