Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Eternal City...

We made it! After way too many hours of traveling (and missing night in the time zone change), we slept the rest of Tuesday to wake to an interesting city. We are both feeling out of place as we try to maneuver a foreign city with a definate language barrier! We have now become those annoying people who do not know the language. We have found the roads to be quite challenging, and even getting back to the hotel the first time very difficult (despite having two maps... which were both a little confusing!) I think tomorrow will be a better day! Even trying to post this is a challenge as we are in an internet place, all the words on the screen are in Italian... and the keys are a little different then what I am used to (I am glad that I check my email and blog site enough at home that I know my way around the sites!) Once we figure out the rules and a few norms of this place we will be fine. A little more sleep might be nice also. What does not kill us will make a stronger, right? We are scheduled for an audience with Pope Benedict on September 5th... so please continue to keep us in your prayers that all will go well. Due to many technical difficulties I am not sure I will be able to post very often or to post any pictures until we get home.