Saturday, September 29, 2007

One week down...

We arrived in Puyallap (Pew-all-up) one week ago... and it has been an interesting week! I am now starting to feel as if we are settled in. (It is much easier to clean this apartment than to clean up the house.) We found a church a few miles away (and have managed to locate it twice now!) We have also located a grocery store with reasonable prices, and I have put in a few shifts at work! Corey has gotten the internet, cable and a land line up and running (which is a life saver with all of our phone calls since our cell phones don't work in the apartment very well.) The only problem is that I am struggling with my HGTV addiction... I might be able to get the outside of the house and yard designed by the time we get back home again!

I have only worked two shifts at the hospital. I am doing 8 hour evenings (which is what I am used to), but I am working 5 days a week (instead of the original 12 hr shifts 3 days a week)... which is going to cut into our travel time. I am working on a surgical unit and I can already tell that I will be gaining quite a bit of experience with new things. The staff is very friendly and helpful... and my anxiety level is starting to taper off! I will post more pics and info on what we are up to later. Take care!